View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Oblong
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Legacy Challenge Details Revealed

Exactly the type of response I was hoping for, Seymour/Dan!

It's not fun when someone speaks to you in the manner I did. The reaction is to lash back and the important points of discussing the game itself get lost in the shuffle.

The point I was trying to make here is that is exactly how you come across much of the time when discussing the game, lashing out at EA. It doesn't generate a climate of 2-way discussion, nobody likes to be spoken to via ridicule and the EA guys by the nature of their job can't just lash back so they just pull away completely. I've seen it happen.

Most of the thoughts and ideas you have about the game I actually agree with you on. I should be one of your bigger fans as I've pushed hard for 5 years trying to get more sim-like functionality in the game for those who want it (and not at the detriment of the arcade crowd).

I was actually not unlike you about 10 years ago. Loved Links on the XBox and would go on the EA forums trashing the TW series. Back then the devs were nowhere to be found. When I learned there wouldn't be a sequel to Links I figured I needed to work on somehow getting the TW guys onboard with sim aspects. They finally started responding WHEN I BECAME MORE CONSTRUCTIVE in my criticisms. Now some 5 years of pleading and working on those relationships were are finally seeing a Links-like tempo swing among many other what I call victories.

Truth is we need each other if we want to continue moving TW in the right direction. Stay constructive, stop the ridicule and making up baseless theories on why things are so. (Which brings up another point, every headscratcher I've asked them about always comes back with a reasonable explanation on their side). The guys working on the game are passionate, work hard, have to make tough decisions that not all of them always agree on, and do want feedback from gamers.

Hopefully this exercise will have helped make the point I was after and that you'll join those of us seeking change through positive constructive criticism.

Obs