View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Thor52
Banned

Thor52's Arena

OVR: 0
Kicking in Madden

Currently the kicking is way too easy. You can kick 63+ yard FG's like they are going out of style, if your kicker has a 95+ power rating. The accuracy rating is completely pointless, and meaningless. So I'm going to propose a new system, that will make the currant one seem like child's play. It will be; fun, rewarding, and challenging. These are the three main things I would like to see added/changed to the Madden kicking system, so without further ado...

Aiming your kick: First thing is first, remove the red arrow, and replace it with the old onside kick cursor. This would make aiming your kick a bit more challenging. What you would be doing is essentially placing where on the ball that you want your foot to make contact. In conjunction the balls trajectory would follow suit.

The Meter: In my opinion the kick meter is out dated, and has to go. Instead replace this with a timing mechanism similar to what NBA 2k uses for it's free throws. After you get done aiming your kick, and snap the ball, once your kicker starts his run up you have to time his plant then fellow through of his leg by two movements of the analog stick. When you want him to plant, you pull back on the analog stick, and to follow through push forward. The kickers power, and accuracy ratings would determine the timing window. The straighter you move the analog stick the more accurate the kick, and the faster you push up the more power.

Crunch Time: Clutch kicks at the end of the 4th quarter or overtime need to feel as such. I would like to see Madden incorporate an "Ice the kicker" feature previously seen in NCAA. I would also like to see a kicker clutch rating, which would fluctuate the kickers rating depending on his clutch.
Advertisements - Register to remove