View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #1477
Comduklakis
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Yup, the standings glitch has been around for a few years now. Really sucks when your team deserves the #3 seed and you end up dragged to the #6 spot.

I emailed 2k about the game freezing after the 7th year of draft classes. They gave me a completely BS answer that either implied: A) They are completely oblivious to association mode's problems or B) They don't want to be bothered trying to fix it. I just don't get it.

You know what would be incredible? 2K13's box art: "No new features, we just fixed everything wrong with 2k12!". I can see it now. Beautiful.
Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. They will spend too much time doing some cosmetic stuff like they did with Jordan in 2k11 or the legends mode this year instead of fixing the known issues in myplayer and association that in some cases have lingered for years. Honestly it though it boggles my mind that any video game developer could release a game with the kind of statistical snafus that plague the Association mode or glaringly obvious things like the inability to use 30 team control in FA mode (unless you just skip it and sign them later like is suggested in the 30 team assocation thread). I've mentioned to others that if I was 2k and the developers handed me the game the way this one was, they would be working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, probably without increased compensation (depending on contractual agreements) to fix this stuff, if not before release, at the very least a patch within days of initial release. The fact that they never fixed it and have no plans to shows a shocking disregard for the game-buying public. Hopefully competition from a new version of NBA Live and disappointing sales will shock them out of their arrogance and complacency. It's only through the hard work of folks like Bedwards that the game is fun, in spite of the 2k flaws. That seems wrong. Compare the to Show, where the rosters generally don't require much tweaking outside of updates or for those so inclined, the addition of real life minor league players who are not on 40 man rosters, thus not included in The Show rosters. That game in the past plays fine out of the box, and while trade and free agent logic can be sketchy, isn't so horrendous that you can't enjoy the game if you decide not to do 30 team control.

As an aside, I played numerous associations on 2k11, simmed some for 20 years and more (until every member of the last "real" draft class I downloaded from DaRebirth retired) and never had any issues with standings or W-L records. I find the game play with Bedwards rosters to be better this year, but 2k11 had a better association mode because of the lack of glitches and the ability to properly do a FA period. From what I understand myplayer had fewer issues in 2k11 as well.