View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
8iron
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Initial Reviewer Impressions

Put in a couple hours tonight. Surprised at how much I enjoyed The Toddler Years and will likely finish Tiger mode; I was dismissive of this mode but its fun.

Played the online daily at Crooked Stick, finished plus 3. But I was +4 on hole one as I chipped back and forth three times then three putted. So, "almost" minus 1 for my first round, using Luke Donald. Reasonable. Short game will be amazing and very controllable once I get used to it, I think. Chipping reacts like real life and finally allows you to read a break which is a first in the series in my opinion (to be clear, I mean read the break of a chip).

Visually this is leaps and bounds ahead of 12, much more photorealistic and the color pallette is toned down from 12's over-vibrancy. Commentary also seems less intrusive but I missed the hole flyovers, hopefully they just are omitted in the online tournaments.

I havent explored much else but a glance course mastery looks tweaked in a cool way, for example, it looks like you can get gold objectives before fulfilling all of the silver ones.

I played a full season plus about 50 rounds with my CAG in 12, plus dozens more with pros against friends and my son passing the controller. Based on initial impressions, I expect to get at least that much fun out of 13.