Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #142
Lieutenant Dan
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: XBOX 360 Country Club (TW13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
here's my prob with putt preview... it doesnt really work for me, because i hit the putts harder than i intend... so i actually have to account for my overswing and "fast" speed in my AIM, so the preview doesnt show me where my "hard" putt will end up...

does that make sense? eh, it does to me....
Same here. I strike a little harder than the preview's 'ideal' line, so I adjust accordingly. Same thing when using caddy recommendations for putting; you have to adjust to how you putt/strike the ball. I like that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
Sooooo. Issues. Need to vent.

First off, can't stay connected to EA's servers all of a sudden, had issues last night. XBOX Live stayed up though. Weird.

Second, played our daily at Kiawah. Shot a remarkably bad +16, including a +8 on the first three holes. And then couldn't even get credit for my horrid play because I had dropped the EA connection during the round and it exceeded its retry limit when I was complete. My problems were not limited to but mainly due to pushing everything right.

In a rage, I played 9 holes of TW11 on my PS3, which I play on TourPro difficulty (the highest that year, but I don't use true aim). Shot -4. Ok, so I'm not drunk or anything...Remembering that I had the demo for 13 on the PS3, I fired it up and shot -2 on the first three holes of Kiawah using our settings. I only had one shot and 2 putts where I was even a bit off the center line both backswing and followthrough

Came back to XBOX, switched back to left stick, and shot +1 for the same 3 holes. For some reason, I am not getting along with my xbox controller, and my swings are ALL over the place.

Oh well, once I get home from work tonight I am going to hit the practice facility and see if I can work things out.

Thank you for listening. :-)
You have another controller sitting around? Might be time to replace...sticks get worn out w/time and use.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"