View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
volwalker
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
i didn't deal with custom playbooks too much.

but coaching carousel was something i looked fwd to. like really fwd to. it's an absolute great idea in theory. but it didn't translate. basically if you were a good coord you could get a head job anywhere if you waited for that job to open (and it was too easy to get your dream job/alma mater). but if you took a head coach job and wanted to move to another prestigious head coach job it was damn near impossible. look at real life. Meyer went from UF to Ohio state. that would never happen in the game unless you were 6 star at UF and OSU dropped to like a two star.

also i hated the respnses i got from people here who said "well your prestige was too high no one thought they could get you."

which didn't stop a 1 star FAU from offering me their OC job every season!

it made no sense. the logic for offers were way off even after patches imo. i hope they tweak the heck out of this. as coaching carousel has the potential to be one of my favorite features but they didn't get it right and it made me stop playing early and i'm pretty pro EA. i play this game almost year round in the past and i love offline dynasty and to job hop. but b/c of CC, i think i had my fill by october and i bought madden. i usually don't even think about buying madden until xmas time.
Thanks for the response. Now I won't bother getting the game again. I was hoping that all of the updates and patches would have fixed those problems but to no avail. I guess I will stick to playing NCAA 06 (still the greatest football game I have ever played). It is really sad how in order for me to get any enjoyment out of a football game I have to play one that is 7 years old. Think about that for a second.