Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Correlation between Madden and NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOACHK
I hear that; we'll catch up in the next few weeks though man!

In real football there are no limits to strategy within the rules of the game though; I think any sports video game should be built on that preimise. Sure, there are some blatant glitches that will be addressed by the dev teams at EA, and addressed with certain rules in competitive play while those issues are being fixed in the game itself; but we can't go down the road of limiting things in the game based off of fears of what might happen.
If the NFL, like Madden, didn't allow subs when going no huddle, do you think teams would utilize the entire playbook, regardless of the personnel on the field? For example, if a real NFL team went no huddle from the I form, do you think they would audible into a 4 WR 1 RB Shotgun formation, using I form personnel?

Even the plays Senator Palmer was referring to are actual plays with specific personnel packages, not audible adjustments at the LOS using whatever personnel are out there at the time.

What I am saying and I think CR is too, is that no huddle audibles in Madden should be limited to the original plays formations/personnel. Teams should not be audibling into plays with different personnel packages, without that personnel being on the field.