View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #32
Senator Palmer
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Correlation between Madden and NCAA

Okay, I get what you're saying there, but you said this in the other post...

Quote:
What I am saying and I think CR is too, is that no huddle audibles in Madden should be limited to the original plays formations/personnel. Teams should not be audibling into plays with different personnel packages, without that personnel being on the field.
This is the part I'm not getting, because no-huddle in real life has multiple formation options. And in the NFL teams there aren't a whole lot of personnel groupings that are limited by formation.

The Patriots can run a 2TE/2WR offense from under center, and the very next play Brady can get in the Gun and spread the field with those same TE's and 2 receivers and it will look like a 4 wide spread on TV.

In Madden playbooks right now there are multiple personnel packages that come with every formation. In 5 wide empty, you can do anything from base, to 4 wide, to 5 wide. So I don't see the need to limit playcalling based off of that. Even the extreme example of going from 5 wide spread to I-formation. As I pointed out in the previous post, if an adequate risk/reward system that you advocate was in place then that play should get stuffed if it's something like a dive play with a wide receiver as a fullback. Then you would be forced to call the game smarter. The answer isn't limiting what you can call, but punishing you for calling something dumb and/or unrealistic.

Quote:
You seem to be thinking that I saying teams can't don't utilize different personnel packages within various play formations but I am not. What I am saying is that teams have designed and practiced these plays for those personnel packages.
I'm having a slow day, and I''ve been trying to do three things at once, so forgive me here. But what does that have to do with Madden? As I said earlier, there are a multitude of personnel packages available in the playbook in every formation. Those two pics I posted are formations and personnel that are in the Falcons' Madden 12 playbook, they wouldn't be artificially created/exploited with a no-huddle audible.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-19-2012 at 09:19 PM.