Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #26
choadler
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bring Madden back to PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The next generation of consoles will certainly bridge the gap with PCs. The next iteration of the Xbox will use the latest DirectX, and hardware continues to become cheaper and cheaper. When the next console generation hits, I would not be shocked to see Madden back on the PC.

My question would be who gets the final say on which platforms to release a game for. Is it up to the EA parent company, or to the studio (Tiburon)? Why is FIFA on PC and not Madden? Different market? Different type of gamer? I knew of many guys, back in college, who owned an Xbox SOLELY for Halo, Madden, and nothing else. You know where I'm going with that demographic.

Clearly, some research has driven Tiburon away from developing Madden on the PC this go-around. The initial reason was piracy, sure. But it's clear that's no longer the issue at hand. EA clearly knows how to handle that business, so let's just toss that out entirely. EA depends on Madden's sales every year. They NEED Madden. So for EA, and Tiburon, to not want to release Madden on a certain platform is a red light for me.

Maybe it's the fact that Madden has never been "right?" They'd rather spend the manpower getting Madden right, anymore? But then again, NHL 12 wasn't on the PC, as it used to be. Different studio, however, which again begs the question of how much say a studio has on which platforms it develops a game for.

Pc's will always be way ahead of consoles. Based on the specs I have seen, the new consoles are already less powerful than top of the line pc's. It will always be this way. There will be no bridging the gap.