View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
fnz
Banned

OVR: 1
NASCAR The Game 2011: Elimination Style

I figured I'd try something different here, with an elimination-style NASCAR bracket. First I'll start off with the 2010 season on NASCAR The Game 2011.

I've seeded the Drivers 1 to 11 (43 drivers divided by four). The seeding was based off of the final NASCAR Sprint Cup Point standings from 2010 Drivers seeded 8 to 11 (15 drivers total) will duke it out over the course of four races for the final four spots in the tournament. Over the course of these races the first 12 drivers (drivers who finished in the 2010 Chase) will be competing for seeds 1 to 3 (based on total points over the four races), with drivers 13 to 20 competing for 4 and 5 seeds, and drivers 21 to 28 competing for 6 and 7 seeds.

Once the final drivers to be included in the bracket, the pairings will be revealed.

Drivers will compete head to head with one another, with the higher finisher advancing in the bracket.

Right now I'm debating whether to have a driver eliminated after each race, or whether to make it the highest head-to-head points after two races causing an elimination. Having two-race elimination would allow for more tracks to be used and 13 races overall, single-race elimination would allow for 8 tracks overall.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Hope to have this thing started on Monday or Wednesday!

Last edited by fnz; 05-12-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove