View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #40
Skyboxer
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Georgia Tech vs Clemson (CPU vs. CPU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Thank you EA for Finally showing the CPU Option Attack this year.

I'm going to go on record and say what i saw in that video was actually encouraging to me.

There are a few things in that video that some of you haven't taken into account...

1). The CPU QB doesn't seem brain dead this year which is the biggest reason why I think the CPU will run the Option a bit better this year.

2). If you haven't utilized the Human Defensive Gameplans in years past this year will be huge because there are two options that I believe will go a long way towards assisting the CPU Option Attack.

A). Set the Defensive Line to Conservative
B). Set the Option Defense to Conservative

I won't get into explaining these two gameplay sliders in full but they will potentially make a huge IMPACT this year when you face CPU Option Teams.

3). Human Run D Slider is most likely at default 50 + the Tackle Slider is at 50. Those two sliders combined together is strong enough out of the Box to actually compete with a Human controlled RB.

So you can't honestly expect the CPU RB to do much damage on his own vs those settings.

4). The Video also has the default Run Block slider being utilized....I don't need to go into detail as to how this will also help the CPU.

5). I've been very critical of EA's Option Attack in years past and I've had to spend countless hours simply editing ratings just to make it respectable for the CPU.

The difference is this year the only ratings i plan on tweaking are my own classic rosters for my gameply enjoyment. I think the Sliders alone this year will actually give enough boost to the CPU Option Teams that ratings edits aren't needed unless we are just wanting to fix rosters outside of what EA releases with the Default base rosters.

I understand what some of you are refering to in the video in regards to the negative plays.

But i believe if you think outside of the BOX for a second that video actually displays more postives than I've ever seen with the CPU Option Attack. If EA doesn't break the sliders like they did last year i don't see how some of guys can't be salivating at the mouth to tweak the gameplay and finally get the results we've been looking for since this game came to the 360/PS3 consoles.

As of right now I'm going to change my stance and say EA deserves a big kudos for giving us the foundation now to make the CPU offense a threat in both the air and on the ground. It's not going to happen out of the BOX but if you guys spend about 1-2 days this year on the sliders it looks like pretty much anyone can get the gameplay they desire IMO.

The only thing at this point that i don't like about the game which is out of my control is the Boring announcing and some of the faded out uniforms I've seen in the game.

I'm in no way giving them (EA) a free pass because I still feel as if this is NCAA 12.5 with a patch that should have been released last year after our complaints. But this years game has the best potential gameplay we've seen since last gen (NCAA 06).

Hope you're right man. I don't plan on getting this day 1 as I am waiting until a few weeks later to see what/if any issues occur and will grab it used.
If the option isn't a viable weapon by the CPU then it simply (for me) isn't even worth a look when it gets used.
This is college football.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS