View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
CoreySA
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
You are telling a different story from what the Fight Night producers told me a year ago as far as resources go. They said EA Tiburon has a huge facility and large staffs for the games there.
They always told me the Fight Night staff was very small and that's why much of the things the community asked for wasn't added. I have communicated with the producers a lot since Fight Night Round 3.

I truly hate that they are working on the UFC game. This means if and this is a really big If they make another Fight Night the excuses will come by the truck loads! I used to really have faith in the producers but not anymore. They even talk to me through email anymore because of my honesty.

I refuse to accept anything as gold if it's value is copper. I'm glad EA flew to Canada for Fight Night Round 4 and gave me a Senior Moderator job before but I just can't endorse what I don't like so a company will maybe consider me on a trip or free game. I'm a grown man with his own money....sorry for the rant.
Sorry, I was a bit mis-understood. Yes Tiburon is a beautiful studio with big teams but I just meant the guys who were on MMA have been moved to other titles thus making those guys (resources as employees) unavailable. I didn't mean to say they don't have the resources as a studio. I just think that Barnes love the NBA and those guys are focused hard on NBA Live.

As for MMA, I felt like it was a really under-appreciated game. I still play it some to this day. The submission system was great and so was online when it was up. As a new IP it really had a solid foundation. I always thought if they had the UFC license and another crack at it to fix up issues from game 1 they would have had a huge hit. Again, I'm sure EA Canada isn't going to ignore the great work Barnes and his crew accomplished at Tiburon. I think it is premature to say they won't share tech or resources.

I'm pretty pumped. As a guy who trains MMA and has had time with real UFC fighters, this is a pretty important title for me. I'm hoping they focus hard on it and give us a fighting game we can all be proud of.