View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Your trades in Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
I liked reading that. I like when people are a GM and have an idea of what they're doing, while adding possible key pieces in the future.
Thanks man. Not to take a shot at the guy who just posted about wanting to trade Brady for Richardson, etc. but I hate trades like that. Even realistic player-for-player trades are SO rare in the NFL...hell, all trades involving players are pretty rare in the NFL. The most trades by FAR around the league entail trading around in the draft on draft weekend.

So for me, the best way to shake up the roster a bit and get "my guys" is to pay attention to scouting and the draft, and then move around draft picks like I did above in a realistic way that could have actually happened, to get young depth players I'll be invested in progressing and getting involved in the game plan.

I don't become enamored with players around the league that I'd have to make an unrealistic or unlikely trade to get onto my Redskins...I become enamored with rookies coming into the league that my team had a fair shot at drafting anyways, and they all have ratings in the 50's-70's to start off as well, which keeps its fair even when I have a lot of guys I like on the roster.