Old 08-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #83
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Developer Insight #1 - Gameplay: Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm really not sold on LT + RS for shooting...2k claims their goal is to simplify controls, but requiring LT + RS just to shoot is the opposite of simplicity. shooting the ball should be the simplest thing in a basketball game and they've gone and made it more complicated...LT + RS + RT just to do a simple dunk sounds ridiculous. if 2k is committed to this right stick dribbling thing, then they should probably abandon the shot stick and go to shot button exclusively. it seems like cramming all of these functions into the right stick will just make shots and dunks less responsive and overly complicated. think about a situation like this - if you are on a fast break and you pass ahead to your teammate, do you really want to have to remember to hold down the left trigger before making him dunk or lay it in...i can see this resulting in a lack of responsiveness in situations when you want a very quick dunk or layup.

they've conveniently left out mentioning the turbo trigger...i'm curious and kind of worried as to how they've handled it. it could go a lot of ways, and some of those ways aren't good. i've heard Rob mention the possibility of one day eliminating the turbo trigger, but being able the manually control your speed is pretty crucial in basketball. hopefully they've kept it and just make it more responsive than last year.
No one likes change at first, but after a game or 2 it will become like 2nd nature I'm sure.