View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
LAKingsGeek
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Ratings Revamped

I know you've already got last years rosters to base things on but I was curious if you did any kind of tests to see how ratings panned out over entire simmed seasons as well as in human controlled games.

For example, did you sim entire seasons to see how many goals on average a guy with a 85 rated wrist shot scored? Or found a guy with ratings of 85 over most of the big offensive categoires (wrist/slap shot, off awareness, puck handling, stuff like that) and see what kind of offensive numbers he put up?

I think it would be helpful, if you haven't done so already, to browse through the current rosters (once we have the game in hand) and find a player that you know very well and who you think EA actually did a good job on in creating ratings. Then sim a few season and play a handful of games to confirm if those ratings are as good as they look. Once you believe that the ratings are legit you can start basing other player ratings on that benchmark.

Maybe we could get a handful of top end players with accurate ratings and a handful of low end players with accurate ratings and base everyone else on those. I may not be articulating this very well but I guess all i'm saying is you have to create the benchmarks on a scale from the low to the high and work from there.