View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Cletus
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 1

Here's my thoughts on the 2nd half that I listened to. I don't play video games to recreate what league I'm in, I play video games to basically escape to a world that isn't an option to me in the real world. For example, in NHL 13, I am playing Be a GM as Tampa Bay, I will never be GM of Tampa, I will never skate or shoot like Stamkos. That's why I play them in a video game. Does that make me less of a sim gamer? Maybe, but a lot of times people box themselves into corners. You will never, ever create what a human does with a computer. Each human has different things going on in their brain. Some have flaws, some are better. It's how it is. People play different games for different reasons, I wished developers gave us more options.

As far as digital downloads go. Look at the XBOX games on Demand, most are MSRP, they rarely have sales and I never see anyone talking about downloading them until they have sales. Also, it's never the publisher rewarding returning customers with discounts, it's always an outside business doing trade ins. Digital downloads won't take off until it's our only option. Sorry for being longwinded, it was a good show by plenty of articulate guys, so there's your feedback :P
Advertisements - Register to remove