View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
bwiggy33
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Sales Are Up This Year, Despite NHL Lockout

IMO most casual fans couldn't give a crap about the lockout. If a game is fun to them, they are still going to buy it. Plus most NHL or hockey fans couldn't care a less about the lockout either in terms of video gaming. They just want to be able to play some sort of hockey game. The only time I can see the lockout affecting sales is half way through the year when a non hockey fan has his/her NHL team winning games and giving buzz around the city. Those fans are then more apt to buy this game because they are pumped about hockey. It's more of a fad. Depending on how long the lockout lasts, this may be the only way they lose sales. If the lockout doesn't go too long then I don't really think it should affect it at all.

These sales can be taken as two ways. Maybe they will have more money to put into the game or maybe they will make minimal changes and bank on the fact that people are going to buy their game anyway. I truly hope they will start listening to us fans and change some of the problems that have been in this game for a while. Either way it's selling hockey which is great, whether it replicates the sport the way we want or not. Overall hopefully this game will be a way for people to keep thinking about the NHL while they have a lockout. I just think if this lockout lasts for the full year (even though it's said that it won't), it could be very detrimental to the sport.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.