View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #132
HisMommaCallHimClay
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What happens if you DON'T pre-order NBA 2k13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Read your diatribe. You're talking about stuff you have NO clue about.

So they found some "stuff". Big FRIGGIN' deal! Was there stuff missing? YES! Was it just a matter of flipping switch in the code to fully enable the DLC? NO! The DLC wasn't fully functional. True or false, was the DLC FULLY active with this "hack"? NO, you say? Oh. OK then.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Unlocking bodies in a game means nothing. I'm not going to go into details, but show me ONE DLC hack where EVERYTHING in the DLC was activated without buying the actual DLC data and then we can talk.

1. You're right. 2K isn't going to hire me any time in the near future. I know that. Thanks. The question is: how do YOU know this? Are you Greg Thomas?!
2. I never said you were bashing. I said that you're trying to paint the company as some money grubbing, evil empire using the DLC as your platform. And ALL I've said is that the DLC isn't just a switch in the code. It's not "on the disc" as you say. Some of it? Sure. All of it? The core of it? Nope. MS does not allow that. Ask ANY person that works for a developer or Microsoft.

This was not part of my part of this discussion. Read my last statement.

Yes. Because I have SO much fun doing it! I don't know how I could EVER tear myself away from a good argument with such knowledgeable people on the interwebs.

Actually, THIS is the statement you have half right. DLC IS about money. ABSOLUTELY! Totally agree. You see, in all of your ranting, you actually forgot to actually READ my posts. I never disagreed that DLC in of itself is about money. I disagreed with your position that the way it was done in 2K, being just a switch, proves that it's all about money. And THAT is false. What's false? That it's just a switch (not allowed by MS - fact. Look it up). The other part that's false is that it's ONLY about money. Believe that if you want to. Not my problem. But don't argue the DLC part of it. Again - show me a WORKING activation of DLC without the actually downloadable content, then we can talk.
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/a.../angry/shh.gif