View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
CFraychineaud
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

First off, please keep it civil. I'm glad that people got the slow development joke, but I didn't mean for it to be used as an attack.

As for how we went into creating this guide, we thought much like many people did that the draft classes were going to be completely randomized making it hard to do a draft based on "Potential" like previous draft guides. So when rdm and I started playing the game and saving each draft we kept track of different things to see if anything became the same. After doing several offline and online CCM's we noticed that the draft classes were going in the same exact order, like a giant clock with 30 numbers on it, the starting point just changed when you first started your CCM. It doesn't change during the week between preseason week 4 and the 1st week of the regular season like several previous madden franchises had. The storyline plays also HAD to go in the order they were because sometimes a player would have a story about being the brother or cousin of a star NFL player, who had come out just the previous draft. That wouldn't work if the order was randomized. We figured out that really only the storyline players changed, yet so far haven't seen development change from just the two of us (even with differing story lines), but that doesn't mean for sure that it doesn't.

The current plan is to continue to add the rest of the draft classes into the guide, (we have them all saved, but just have to enter data which should happen shortly) and then to list possible storyline arcs for each player so that you know what CAN happen, and what it typically affects, and IF it affects development. For this info we need people to post information on it though because we are only two people and will only have access to a limited amount of the possible story lines. I figure that each of the players with multiple arcs probably have 3 stories. Injury or Lowering (does bad at something), Overachiever or Increasing (does well at something), and career change (position, stay in school, come out early, switch sports, etc.). Hopefully we will be able to track all of these for the players it affects.

Thanks again for all the support guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove