CFraychineaud
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mcgeeno
Yeah I've got Judge now, he's a STUD.

I think sometimes these guides put too much into 'superstar potential'

On my squad Tyrel Pendergrast has slow development and I've got him as a 92 ovr at 6-4 236 with 98 speed.

Another guy, Mucci the soccer player is in the low 80's I made him my #4 WR. He's got 99 acc/99 agi and high 80's return.

You dont have to get all superstar/quick devs to have really good players. At this point I almost scout attributes that fit my squad more. I took an LDE in the 6th round who had 94 accel in the previous draft. Slow development and I couldnt care less.

I dont think I've ever actually checked a guys development in the last 3 drafts. I want good attributes in key areas.
part of the reason the guide uses development for players is that it is automatically one of the most expensive upgrades to get, While, also making it so that players can get experience faster. A Slow player has to be a player that can break records constantly til you get him up in development. His weekly xp gains from goals are less than half of what they could be. So it takes way longer to even get development up to where he could be leveling quickly. Now the only thing that I want to re-emphasize is that WITH the coaches xp upgrade for positions, you only need players to be quick development to get the full xp from weekly goals. However being superstar still makes their season goals more reachable.