View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
shigogouhou
Banned

OVR: 13
Like:
- DLC courses individually buyable with in-game money; my big fear was having to pay $5-$10 for a set of courses just to get one, so being able to earn it through a ton of play or shortcutting my way into buying it outright was really nice.
- Course Mastery & sponsor goals is really interesting; motivates me to play "realistically" (i.e. I'll drive a big dogleg to the fairway and be 150y from the green if I'm going for max FIRs, whereas without it I would always cut the corner & take a rough/bunker shot from ~25y instead)
- VIsuals. Maybe it's because I skipped quite a few iterations but this looks phenomenal.

Dislikes:
- Difficulty tuning in career mode. It seems like Hard aims for a -9 finish for the CPU, but Very Hard is aiming for -18. I'd like to see more personal tuning for this so I can constantly tune the CPU to play around my scoring range; as it is now shooting around a -10 puts you either winning every tournament on Hard or barely getting in the top 50 on Very Hard.
- Swing meter on short swings. If I'm aiming at 50% power for a PW, a "full-power" shot should default me to that 50% power, rather than letting me hit the ball twice as hard as I want to with 100% aim-defying power. It would make it easier, sure, but who realistically bombs a 25y flop shot 50+y back into the fairway?
- Get rid of the "warps"; what I mean is if you hit the ball into a lie where your golfer can't realistically hit it via the available animations, the game will warp the ball to a location where it can come up with a swing for you. If that means your ball in the bunker warps back into the rough, so be it! I want to struggle with those ridiculous under-the-lip shots I earned, not be handed a superior lie.