View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #125
footballman
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Not only that, but back in 2007 it was selling at $60 a share! Instead of focusing on making quality games that sell well and increase consumer satisfaction their strategy has been to increase profits through microtransactions, online subscriptions, and other add on content (BF3 premium anyone?).

Then again EA doesn't make any games but force that attitude on their developers and rush them to finish their games (Mass Effect 3 anyone?).

I'm actually SHOCKED about what's happened with Madden this year, and in a good way. Yea, it's got it's problems, and support has been so/so (one minute we have a patch to end all patches and the next minute the phone lines go dead) but the amount of freedom the developers had to take Madden in a new direction is unprecedented in my opinion. Just look at 09-12, and the PS2 days of 03-08. They were virtually all the same game with minor tweaks or new gimmicks (vision cone). This game was a total redesign of the franchise and gameplay experience.

Props to the developers, but EA should take note of their stock and start supporting their winning horse (madden, ncaa, etc.) more than trying to find more money through gimmicks.
i dont believe bf3 premium is such a bad thing..you actually save money and compared to other fps premium packages it was by far the best with the most content so i would have to say EA didnt drop the ball there but as for the rest..there isnt much i can say
Advertisements - Register to remove