View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Matt Bonner
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My NBA2k14 wishlist.

in no particular order:

Coaching in association needs to be overhauled totally. I think actually hiding ratings for coaches and keeping their yearly records and noting their preferences for offensive and defensive settings would be more interesting than the generic grade system. All coaches should be treated the same so you can have one pool for both head and assistant coaching, that way i can hire sam cassell dammit.

I think a lot of things about the progression system and the draft classes needs to be revamped. Draft classes should have a few guys with particular skills, rather than the garbage heap after the lottery that you usually get. Also, players should not always improve, and their play time and previous season stats should figure into their improvement. Obviously if someone has an A+ potential they would improve regardless, but it would make it more interesting for the specialty tools players and the average players to function a little differently. Also, the drop off for age is too severe. There are certain things that decline but I don't think guys should fall off the table so quickly after 34.

A financial model and the ability to move teams would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The tag skills should be linked with ratings, i don't want to see "finishers" with a sub 90 shoot in traffic rating happen, that doesn't make any sense. Also the fact that they can't be taken away or deleted and the fact that the skills don't grow with players is an oversight.

obviously offensive rebounding, fouls and in-game injuries needs to be fixed

the morale system is solid but could be tweaked a bit. Guys get too upset too quickly. Also, rotation charts were a great addition, but as we know in real NBA games there's plenty of DNPs and spot starts. Perhaps an ability to modify # of games played could be added. I'm not sure. It's a little too perfect as it stands, since if you give a guy 2 minutes a game and never change the lineup he'll finish the season with 2 mpg and 82 games played. That doesn't really happen. I suppose situational AI would be an improvement, as well as expanding the situational lineup system. For example, you could set it so that there are a number of different situations like football games have for playcalling intelligence. At the very least I would like to be able to set a "Forth Quarter close out" lineup.

tldr