View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Iceman87GT
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunLotto
Im torn that Matty Ice dropped to a 93 just based off of one game. I mean come on lol he is still having a great season. But it really dont matter. He will earn his 95 or even higher in these next couple of weeks.
Yeah 1 game should not have dropped him that much, now you can certainly make the argument that he was overrated (he's had a great year but I don't know if he is a 95), but then that highlights another poor decision in his rating. Either they took too much off or they shouldn't have had him so high in the first place, either way someone isn't doing their job right.

There is too much adjusting going on in these updates, a lot of players are going up 1 week and down the next, single game performances are being given too much weight. W we have weird drops based on 1 game and players who are improving, going nowhere with their ratings because the ratings czar is judging them from week to week instead of over time (+1 one week -1 the next +1 the following, then -1 the next 2 weeks and often this is because they didn't keep up their level of play, not because their performance warranted a drop).

I'm not going to pretend to say I could do better with the ratings themselves, but I can definitely think of a better system for evaluating the players than what we have seen this year (definitely handled it better last year).