View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Optik
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2k14: Online Association Wishlist

- The ability to edit your players' tendencies would be great, especially for getting a good freelance offense.

- The ability to run your plays in a certain order. I don't really want the CPU to be randomly calling out plays, especially if I'm running a system like Adelman's corner offense or the Spurs' motion offense, where plays are run in a certain order to keep the defense guessing and be able to punish them when they try to cheat on a play that they think is familiar.

- In fact, playbooks need to be revamped totally and take the kind of step they did from 11 to 12. There was hardly any real improvement on 12, except naming more offenses by their type rather than team, that was really disappointing. In addition to having the option of positional playcalling, we need to have SITUATIONAL playcalling. The CPU already calls play for specific situations, but they're only at the end of quarters. If I'm in transition, when I "Run Best Play", the CPU should call a play for me which allows me to run a secondary break.

- We need the option to change game speed, player speed, free throw difficulty and being able to have SST or Real FG% for both jumpshots AND FT's.

- If I'm playing in scrimmage, let me have the ability to go back in time to redo a play. PES has had this in their training mode since the days of the PS2.

- We should have the ability to see who is online in our OA's back. I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of going down my OA's commish's friend list and send friend requests to everyone in the league, when I could just look through the schedule and see who was online and then invite them in 2K11.

- As I've said before, ability to save defensive settings against teams is a MUST, so I don't have to spend 2 minutes in the pause menu setting them up and then wait another 2 minutes for my opponent to do the same. For that matter, I shouldn't have to stare at the pause menu when my opponent pauses the game. I should be able to access the pause menu too.

- An overall gameplay thing, but we should have a pass speed slider. The USER should be able to do a proper handoff pass too, just like the CPU.

- We need more customisation of plays. Even if you can't make a playcreator, give us the ability to swap the positions of the players when running plays. My Pinch Post play isn't going to be that effective if Kirilenko is the only wing player that gets the handoff from Love instead of Roy or Rubio. More customisation also means that we should have the ability to have "positionless" plays, and just have certain types of players fill in a particular spot on the floor. So for example, in the Spurs motion offense, one of the big guys will fill the post and another will stay at the top of the key 3pt line to receive a pass (called the "trailer"). So if Bonner and Duncan are on the floor, I don't want it to be that only Bonner is the trailer and only Duncan to be the man in the post. It should depend on who is nearest to those areas. This would also mean that the Triangle would run a lot more realistically and quicker as well.

- As far as an observation mode, if you can do it for 2K14 as described above, great, but if you can't, could you have a little commentary ticker, commentating on a game you choose to observe, at the top or bottom of the screen, like Championship Manager had before they had 2-D pitches? Or, if you can't do that, just have it like they have on NBA.com, where it's just a simple description of the play like "2nd Quarter, 1:00 min left, K.Bryant, Dunk Shot, 2pts, Ast by P.Gasol." It would make the OA more immersive. Maybe even have a little chatroom accessible from both the console and a PC/laptop/smartphone.