View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #139
royals19
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sunrise in San Diego- Executive Decisions

So while George McGovern sorts out yet another mess, our on the field product squares off at home in a classic matchup against the Mets. The Mets are just a problem, bottom line. You think the game is going your way then for some reason, things go down the drain.

Now to give Wil Myers a day off, we put Nick "I put the team on my f'n back" Swisher in. And the dude does exactly what the name says. He puts the team on his back with 2 homeruns and 4 RBIs. Ever since coming here, the dude has been phenomenal. He's been by far, the best player to come off the bench in his entire time here in San Diego. This offseason, he should be in for a multiyear deal, now weather that be with us or another team, is yet to be determined.
And dang it, he put the team on his back. The box shows that 1 run in the 5th and it could have been more had Swish not run down a ball in the gap and dove and caught it. As a brief side note, we started all of our reserves today, Swish in left, Valdez in center, J.J. Hardy at short and Tony Sanchez at 1st.

Also, it's worth noting that Brad Boxberger is out with an injury and so is Josh Vitters.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil