Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Bunselpower32
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 PC Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto 04
Will 2k13 work on my laptop (http://www.dell.com/ae/p/inspiron-15r-n5110/pd) if it has a 2.20 GHz processor & 4 gb of ram. I've seen the system requirements but I'm not a big computer guy so any help would be appreciated.

Also is there a difference if I get it from amazon or steam because it costs $15 more from steam.
Clock speed means little to nothing without number of cores (and not too much more with it). Do you have the i7 or the i5 or i3? Either way, you look to be fine, as you have a dedicated graphics card that has a higher number than the one in my desktop does, and mine rips through the game. Granted, yours is in a laptop, so make sure you keep it cool with airflow. RAM is fine, anything 4 or over is about all you need.

Just make sure you set the power options to high performance, its easy to forget and it doesn't limit the power your computer will pull.

And Steam is a DD, Direct Download, so you'll get it as fast as you can download 15+ GB of data. You'll have to ship Amazon, so factor that in, and you may want to look at buying it at a local store. You'll probably get it the fastest (as fast as you can drive to a store), and they may have it cheap or something. Plus, you'll be supporting your local economy, even if it is just at a WalMart.

- Rick Wise