View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #128
rjackson
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

I just think tha a lot of people are not really getting the concept of the overall rating. Let me try to reiterate it in another way and maybe 1 or 2 people (that's probably it) will get it and stop with the absurdity.

Miguel Cabrera is atrocious when he is manning 3B. If anyone not named Konerko can drag a decent bunt in his direction, he'll probably get on base. He is also one of the best hitters in the game. Somebody who plays terrific defense is more valuable to a baseball team up the middle and Cabrera types are more valuable providing their offense from 3B and getting less balls hit in their direction.

The overall potential just tries to reflect that. That's it. If you kept all else equal and changed Cabrera to a SS, you'd see the overall drop.

I'm sure that you can find some darn good parts for your team if you don't focus on the overall. Having the right bench parts and plattoons is what makes a good team great.

Last edited by rjackson; 02-13-2013 at 06:47 AM.