View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #164
iCebErgSLiM369
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

I dont think the problem is in the numbers themselves. I DO have a problem when an overall rating is given to me and there is no explanation to EXACTLY why or how that number came about. Its kinda confusing to be told there is going to be a new overall ratings system but to not pay too much attention to that overall number. You dont often get rating arguments with games like fifa and nba 2k because for some time now they have been graded on a wide scale to show that no one is perfect. That is their choice and but at least the consumer knows exactly how the system works. My problem here is I dont know whats going on under the hood. In the franchise blog we were told teams will be evaluating players based on what individual franchises value per position. Unless there is going to be another blog explaining how the cpu will evaluate trades, free agents and prospects using this new ratings system, im somewhat dissapointed by the response from developers regarding exactly how the new system works. Maybe im jumping the gun a bit tho. There are just soo many questions that immediately arise with this and I just love this game soo much I want to know everything lol. Oh well...