View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
emceeschw3pp3
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K13 is fun... Defense!

I really enjoy this game even with all it's little nuances like sliding it's still fun to play. I mostly play MyCareer however so, I can't say for other modes. I played a little bit of Association but, it wasn't as enticing as EA's GM mode or franchise mode. As far as playing MyCareer I really enjoy it. The one thing I've noticed that sort of saddened me was how little defensive tools there are available. On offense I can set screens, cut to the basket, call for ally-oops, toss ally-oops, crossover for days, throw lead passes, bounce passes, call for screens, and of course run plays. Offensively we're set but, defensively it's a whole different story. We have a steal and block button that you pretty much want to avoid using unless you want to play catch-up or get fouled out early. The Intense D feature is a step in the right direction but, again you can end up out of position easily if used at the wrong time. RS defense is the safest way to play defense, but it can feel unfulfilling like we're just waiting for our turn to play offense.

The game in whole is fun, offensive tools are abundant and fun to use but, defense needs to be given another look. Let's think, what controls or features could they add to make playing defense more fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove