Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #23
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 2K13 Official Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholliday8706
Small thing but they don't have a stand in for the Toyota sign that stands above the left field bleachers at Wrigley.

Question for the comments: If this is a re-skin of 2K12, and I didn't play 2K12 or any other recent ones, will it still be bad? Obivously it will pale compared to The Show but that isn't an option for me.

Props to using Gaslight Anthem in their trailer. Makes me excited for the game, even though I remember that it's probably **** after.
Sir, don't let the naysayers and zealots fool you. 2K isn't a bad game.
Is it as polished or shiny as The Show? No.
But the things it does right, it does very well.
- Analog pitching. The most immersive and fun pitching mechanic of any baseball game.
It's also loaded with strategy. Hitters will get used to your tendencies forcing you to adjust.
There's also MLB data at your finger tips so you know what a hitter's tendencies are.
- Hitters Eye. Fantastic. Just like in the MVP series. I'm terrible at games, and yet I still feel like a stud when I'm using a top hitter in the game. Guys like Cabrera and Braun will be able to tell what pitch is coming with more frequency than a poor hitter.
- Commentary and Presentation. Best in the market.
- Franchise mode. Very deep. You really have to keep an eye on your players stamina and mix your lineup accordingly. And because every player is rated in every single defensive position, you have so many options at your finger tips.

The hitting mechanics are great too. I see a lot of variety of hits and you can definitely tell the difference between outfielders. Some can track way better than others.

I had always played The Show until one year my bro bought 2K11. After getting my hands on that, I couldn't go back to the other game. It was just more fun.

Obviously rent first if you're worried, but 2K12 was a great baseball experience.
If you listened to the naysayers, you would have thought you were playing an Atari game, but the truth is, while this game has it's flaws (which game doesn't?), it's still a solid baseball experience.