Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #124
DanH35
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Player Ratings For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Time to go back to the drawing board for your ratings system when Darvish with his one ok year is rated higher than both Jered Weaver and Matt Cain who each have had much better seasons than his one year for each of the past 3 years. There isn't enough peripheral stats in the world to justify that balance.
Looking at some of the stats, I'd pick Darvish over the other two. Going on last year's stats, Darvish had 5.1 fWAR, Cain had 3.8 (his career high was 5.0), and Weaver had 3.0 (his career high was 5.6). The only stat that I looked at where Cain and Weaver are clearly better was BB/9, where they were both 2 walks per 9 better than Darvish. Darvish had a clear advantage in K/9, in 2012, Darvish was at 10.4, Cain was 7.9, and Weaver was 6.7. They were all close in average against. Even though he pitches in a better hitters park, Darvish has a lower HR/9 (.66) than Cain (.86) and Weaver (.95).

I know that Darvish has only put those numbers up for one year, but in the past, The Show seemed to under-rate players with less experience, and I'm actually glad to see players like Harper, Trout, Medlen, and Darvish being given credited for the numbers they have put up.