View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
Grnngld
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Oakland A's vs. Los Angeles Angels (Game 1 ALDS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
I don't understand the ragging about this. He'll be recreated perfectly anyway. Pettitte looked bad last year too, but someone made him perfectly, so what's the problem ?
1) Because he's been in the big leagues for a year already. We all understand that prospects making their MLB debuts can only be CAPs in the current season game. But in next year's game, the player and his actual, scanned face should be, and usually is, there. This didn't happened here.

2) Pettitte obviously has been out of the game for a while since he hasn't pitched in a couple seasons so SCEA had to remake him as a CAP. He didn't have his face and picture in last year's game like Cespedes didn't, but he'll have his face and picture in this year's game like Cespedes should but doesn't. So your analogy is inaccurate.

3) Even if you can re-edit his face, a CAP face is still nowhere close to the lifelike realism of a scanned face. I love OSFM but everyone can see that CAPs in that set look different from the actual scanned-face MLB players in the game, despite the excellent efforts of the OSFM people.

4) It's simply disrespectful. I get that the Oakland A's are a small market team that very few people care about. But they are a damn successful franchise, they are the defending AL West champs, and Cespedes is a damn fine player. People raise hell when a batting stance is off by a couple inches or uniform shade isn't to their liking. Now imagine if Robinson Cano had Ryan Howard's face or Jose Bautista was a CAP. Would people not be upset about that? If Cespedes was a New York Yankee, I'm reasonably confident that SCEA would make damn sure his actual face and picture were in the game.

I'm not going to resort to hysterical hyperbole like "OMG this is game breaking!!!" or threaten to boycott the game. But I reserve the right to express my displeasure at a clear mistake that I feel is disrespectful to my team.