View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
thaSLAB
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
I was fully with you up until this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld

4) It's simply disrespectful. I get that the Oakland A's are a small market team that very few people care about. But they are a damn successful franchise, they are the defending AL West champs, and Cespedes is a damn fine player. People raise hell when a batting stance is off by a couple inches or uniform shade isn't to their liking. Now imagine if Robinson Cano had Ryan Howard's face or Jose Bautista was a CAP. Would people not be upset about that? If Cespedes was a New York Yankee, I'm reasonably confident that SCEA would make damn sure his actual face and picture were in the game.

I'm not going to resort to hysterical hyperbole like "OMG this is game breaking!!!" or threaten to boycott the game. But I reserve the right to express my displeasure at a clear mistake that I feel is disrespectful to my team.
I agree that the CAP could better represent him. However, it has nothing to do with respect, or disrespect, or what team he plays for. I can guarantee that no one at SCEA said at any point "it's only Oakland it'll be fine" or anything along those lines.

Knowing the circumstances in which Cespedes entered the league, I would assume he is not as accessible a player as others. The other players you mentioned have done media and/or been cover athletes for the game, so it would be a head scratcher if they were not as accurately portrayed.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove