View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
HANDSWARD_EA
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
You addressed the point oif not having to re-earn your PGA tour card but you weren't specific about whether we have to earn our way into the Web.com tour and then the PGA tour when you start your career rather than just being kicked up into the PGA tour simply because you played all the events regardless of how well you did.

Will there be a a notification alert like they had a couple of years ago which would post what the top of the leaderboard would be doing as you play?
I didn't own the progression changes, so I am not 100% on this. But I believe web.com Tour advancement works like this...
- You can win 3 events and earn the battlefield promotion, which is an instant PGA TOUR card.
- You can win the money list before the playoffs and earn a PGA TOUR card.
- If you finish 2nd-50th/75th (not sure which, but its one of them) you earn a spot in the web.com playoffs. If you finish top X (not sure what number that is either) in the playoffs you earn a PGA TOUR card.
- If you miss the playoffs or finish out of top X in playoffs you have to replay web.com tour.
- But once you do advance to PGA TOUR, you will never get demoted.

We don't have the specific notification like you saw in Tiger 11. However, the new broadcast presentation banners will keep you updated on scores/stats/etc. throughout your round and should provide you with a lot of cool info that hasn't been in the game before.