View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #154
Jordanfan23
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
After finally getting my hands on early release, I can stop reading and starting seeing for myself what all the fuss is about. And it is just that. Fuss. While there is little excuse to have problems with a game that is sold (and bought religiously by many) every single year, neither of the two biggest bugs are game breaking.

Does the putting cam make you scratch your head and say "wtf is this"? Yes. But is THAT bad? No. Bad enough to; not buy until patched (which is ridiculous and another topic of its own), or cancel a pre order in disgust? No! I'm fairly certain this will be addressed and corrected via patch, whether tomorrow or in a whopping 2 weeks from now.

The scring bug. Completely maddening and mind boggling, yes. But something that can't or won't be fixed? No. Of course it will be fixed.

IMHO this is a truly wonderful game. Every game has bugs, and has deserving criticism. Every person buying the game is also entitled to their opinion and decision to buy. But let's also give credit where it's due. A lot was done to improve and I for 1 am enjoying TW 14 and am perfectly fine waiting for these 2 bugs to be squished.

/rant. Needed to counter all the "I'm canceling my pre-order posts "

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
2 steps forward, 4 steps back! How is a scoring issue not a gamebreaker in a golf game? Tiger won at Bay Hill today, but Justin Rose finished 2 strokes back. If they gave Rose the trophy, would that not be a serious issue lol?

And the putting is ridiculous, if I have a 50 foot putt and the biggest fear I have pulling the thumbstick back all the way and into the red, is hitting it 52 feet, where is the challenge or risk/reward factor in that???

Granted, the game does a lot right, but so did MVP baseball until we found out left handers couldn't hit home runs to right field!!! Many of us buy the game to play career mode, if that is broke, why would I not save my $60 or $70 and go back and play TW13. Don't get me wrong, when this is patched, I will buy it that day, but to say a gamebreaking bug is a "fuss" isn't accurate, it's a broken game!!!!