View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
OmahaKnights
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A More Detailed Look at NCAA Football 14 (TSO)

Thoughts:

1. It sounds like they're rewarding depth in Dynasty instead of simple 11 on 11 football, and they're using fatigue properly as far as runners or returners go. I'd love to see if this applies to QBs as well, so the cheesers that sprint to the right knowing their QB will always throw dimes downfield as long as they plant their feet will learn to play real football and drop back. Fatigue being just a number has always been an issue with me and NCAA.

2. I don't like the idea of the acceleration burst. I never liked it in NHL games and I'm sure I won't like it here. I get where they're going, but I get the feeling it'll be implemented like a sword lunge in Halo, and make running the ball almost too good.

Spoiler

3. *edit* Nevermind, just read what Ultimate Team was. How lazy. They're basically selling you the players they added for Heisman Challenge? I know I won't be spending a dime on that. What a waste of effort.

4. I'm holding out judgment on the new engine. Anything is an improvement from the old animation-based engine, that's for sure.

I'm optimistic, but I'm waiting and seeing just what comes next before I decide if I'm going to get it or not.

Last edited by OmahaKnights; 04-05-2013 at 12:05 AM.