View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

The thing for me is and what kind of inspired this thread, is that there is just no way EA is clueless to how poor Madden 06 was. In fact they constantly refer to it whenever talking about the up coming transition to the new consoles and have for quite awhile. They have been building up this crescendo "Annie" over the years about what they have in-store for all their titles on the new consoles, not just Madden.

Fair or not, the number one excuse we have heard this entire console gen for Madden is, "we can only do so much given the time and system limitations", which according to all reports, the new consoles completely do away with. One thing that seems evident this console gen was that EA Tiburon's first priority was visual stills, try to make Madden on the field as photo realistic as possible, which admittedly took away from other things, like sidelines, the crowd, etc. What the new consoles and a Frostbite engine seem to be providing is a jack of all trades of sort where virtually nothing has to take priority, they can do it all.

I am no developer but various gaming studios, are saying there basically is no more "porting" code over or at least not how it used to be. Then add in Frostbite 3 touting "What You See Is What You Play", so whatever they develop on their work station is the game, no more having to account for what might "break" after bringing it together for a console. So in my layman understanding, since the new consoles are more like high end PCs, gaming studios like EA Tiburon, are now able to develop complete games for the console, on high end PCs, no more needing to put together various "builds" to test directly through the console. Maybe I am not explaining that well but that seems huge to me, even for Tiburon, considering the things CE/CD attendees and EAGC have alluded to being shown over the years but that couldn't make it into the game.

Looking back, the Madden 2006 360 trailer debuted on April 28th, I think and this year EA has some big exclusive deal announcement between them and Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised at some point to once again see a trailer, actual game play this time, of Madden to help once again push sells for another new Xbox. Considering how last time around the new Xbox came out before the new PS, this exclusive could include Madden as a launch title only for the new Xbox to boost sells of the new system like in 2005 and then having Madden available for both systems starting in 2014.