View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
addybojangles
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm convinced that David Littman has no real idea of how to improve the NHL franchise and is completely in la-la-land in what he thinks works and what doesn't in NHL 13.

The physics and true-performance skating are a mess. I've been watching hockey for 20 years. I've been PLAYING hockey for 1 year. I am by no means a hockey expert, but I think absolutely say that the skating is so unnatural it's goofy. I have less than one year of actual skating experience and can move more efficiently than anyone on the ice. Sometimes you do a huge curve when turning, usually you can rub against something to go faster; it's completely baffling what's going to happen one second from the next!

Nothing about goalies? The cross-crease goal was completely eliminated from this year's version of NHL. Not toned down, completely eliminated. A goal you see in hockey (a pass through somewhere close to the crease for a goal) is rarely seen in NHL 13. And how was this fixed? Spiderman goalies. Unnaturally quick goalies.

This leads to games usually turning into low-scoring affairs that end up getting won by fluke goals.

Good to hear about dekeing, I guess.

Fighting is something that will look good on the back of the box. Neat.

I am totally scared about the "Collision-physics Hitting System." FIFA was rough around the edges year one. NHL 13 has the weirdest collision detection in the franchises history (bump into someone at full speed and he barely moves, bump into someone away from the play and they completely lose their footing).

I really wish the team would focus on gameplay:

- Better skating and realistic physics.
- Improve the goalies, don't just make them animate faster.
- Awareness of penalties - EASHL has turned into an interference-fest with players rarely getting the interference penalty they deserve.

Fix the game ON THE ICE then focus on fighting and "live the life."
Advertisements - Register to remove