View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
Smoke6
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Madden has always been behind in animations to it's competitors.

It had worse animations than Joe Montana. Worse animations than Gameday. Worse than 2K. Worse than... well there isn't anything for it to be worse than now, but if there was, I can assure you it would be. The same goes for it's basketball games, tennis games, Baseball games.. let's just put it out there, EA Sports in general has a very bad track record for animation tech. And player models, but's that's a whole other can of worms. I have no idea how, because none of the others have anywhere near the resources put into Mo-Cap that EA does.

Last gen animations at the very least did not suffer the OBVIOUS hitching in rendering that the current gen does, but that, in and of itself, doesn't make them realistic.

It's just bizarre. They use state of the art motion capture to capture movement. What exactly is their technology and or process that it comes out looking the way that it does? I seriously can't see how it would be possible for a mo-cap actor to run hunched over like that without falling over unless he was in a wire harness...

Maybe I'm onto something lol.
Not buying into this mo-cap stuff at all, EA just needs to suck it up and grab that natural motion engine and run from their. Its something that shoulda been done along time ago and since the Madden name holds soo much more weight, that engine and game gets lil to no shine and thats sad.

I dont care how early in production this game footage was in at the time, I still have a hard time understanding why they're not building on existing code with tweaks and updates to its features but instead goes full on re-write every cycle?