View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How Madden NFL 25 Could Enhance Defensive Line Controls

GoMadden has posted a very good read on how Madden NFL 25 could enhance defensive line controls.

Quote:
Yes, there are user-controls currently available to the defensive line, but no, they’re not good enough. Keep in mind that when I say user-controls are “not good enough,” I’m not saying you can’t get pressure while manually controlling a DE or DT. In fact, I know you can. But it’s simply not enjoyable, not as impacting as it could and should be, and you rarely ever feel like you’re doing the things that you’re intending to do. When players can often find themselves doing the opposite of their intent, it’s a good sign that something needs to change.

I have no problems with Madden NFL playing out the ratings as the DL and OL collide, but it shouldn’t make user players feel like they’re trapped in a simulation without any control over the moves their player attempts to do. In order for Madden 25, or any future Madden for that matter to really include all the superstars that we know and love on defense, the controls need to be completely revamped to enhance the usability of the defensive line.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove