Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
TreyDobbs
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Draft Classes for Madden "25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
What is stopping Madden from having......dunt dunt dunnnnnnn....both?

Use the real draft classes for 2 or 3 years, then start using the fictional ones. That's what I do with NBA 2K.
In this scenario, you'd have to project how a college player will be 2-3 years down the line, which is next to impossible. You can't have the best of both world's. If you did, it'd be very unrealistic. You'd almost get to the point where you're basing Madden off Rivals, 247, or ESPN high school rankings which those recruiting services miss on players just as much as they hit the nail on the head. I enjoy the draft classes as they are now, but I just wish the players had personalities. I wish that when you see "player X was suspended for the year" or "player Y was kicked off the team but still went into the draft" that their personalities would reflect that when you draft them. They might come into the league at an 84 overall but would act up and you'd have to suspend them or cut them because the number of fans attending games was declining because "player Y" was caught doing pot or arrested for a DUI. I get why NCAA doesn't do this. Because they don't want to tarnish colleges and act as if that's what college athletics is about. But that IS WHAT THE NFL IS ABOUT. It happens every single month. We hear about players acting up, or even the opposite and becoming a leader, all the time. I just wish those personalities were reflected off the field and you had to make roster decisions over it.