Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
bwiggy33
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Crowns New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09
Bwiggy33 - Fleury has only been in 3 post seasons since winning the Cup. Not 4 or 5. On top of that you mention the elite players the Pens have and rightfully so. However since winning the cup the Pens have been plagued with many injuries during the post season. This post season seems to be the first since they won the cup in 08-09 where everyone is healthy(minus Crosby who seems to be about ready they just don't want to rush him since they are playing the Islanders).
I didn't say 4 or 5 postseasons. I said 4 and 5 (as in 2008 and 09) years ago is when he went to the cup, and that was the last time he's played well in the postseason. Fleury has been to the postseason 6 times, same as Lundqvist. Lundqvist by far has better numbers. IMO injuries are not an excuse for the Pens. They have had a much deeper team then the Rangers. Even if Crosby is hurt, Malkin is right there. If Malkin is hurt, Crosby is right there. Then you add in a guy like Jordan Staal who was behind those two before being traded. Oh may I add in Neal as well. I don't know if you fully realize how good your team is. You've had four guys (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Neal) on your team that would be the building block of many organizations in the league. May I also add that when there are injuries to a team, isn't that the time when a great playoff goalie is supposed to step up? I wouldn't say Fleury has passed the test. I really hope Pens fans cherish what they see on a night to night basis. The talent on that team is ridiculous.

Anyway to each his own. Nobody can really win an argument as they have their own opinions. This is the wrong forum to be posting in anyway, as it doesn't involve the actual video game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 05-01-2013 at 08:33 PM.