Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports: Playing Defense in Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Doesn't this happen already? I'm not seeing why they are considering it something "new" to defense.

I see receivers drop the ball often when they get plastered trying to make a catch?
I think that is with the caveat that you use sliders, I am referring to online ranked games and default All Madden where I have repeatedly seen defenders arrive when the ball does, only to have the ball stick to the receivers hands. It's one of my peeves with Madden and lead me to start inquiring about how the catch animations work.

Looking back at some old posts, it does seem that in M13 they initially did allow for drop passes if a User controlled receiver attempted to turn upfield too soon without "looking the ball in"/securing the catch, so hopefully this is an extension of that. A catch should never be triggered, imo, there should always be a process of securing the ball/gaining possession, that hasn't been there, at least not consistently. Drop passes from hits in M13 seemed random to me, not based on the fact the defender actually broke up the pass before the receiver could secure the ball.

I'm rambling on and on about this because I feel it so important, the number of completed passes without proper separation or body position by the receiver in Madden irks me. For example comeback routes, one of the reasons they were so effective in M13 was because even if the DB recovered and closed the gap, hitting the receiver just as the ball arrived, it was still a catch.

This video is a good example of what I am referring to, watch how even when the defenders are making hits just as or a little after the ball arrives, the receiver still easily brings in the catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAG4NOvl7fg

Now of course there are other issues shown in that video, with regard to defenders not jamming receivers and the adaptive AI in general but I am just referring to the lack of breaking up the pass with contact.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove