Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
daltros
Rookie

daltros's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Will there be a MLB 2k14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontrelleRoosevelt
As long as Visual Concepts and 2K show prominent interest in developing MLB2K for next generation systems, I don't see why there wouldn't be a renewal of contract. This series is too harshly criticized every year, when it is always much more fun and accessible than Sony's "MLB The Show" series. EA has shown no interest in doing baseball again, so I could see a much improved Visual Concepts version of MLB 2K14 hitting shelves next year by April.

I'm sure 2K will show interest, but they may not give the job to VC. There used to be a link where it showed the decrease in sales for the MLB2K series dating back to 2008 or 2009-2012. I couldn't find it, but the losses were massive. I know Take-Two said a part of their company's value, as a whole, has been lost because of the MLB series suffering. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1..._franchise.php Of course, MLB would not allow the next-gen XBOX to go without a baseball game but would they be willing to invest a lot of money into a game again, as was the case with MLB2K13?

Also, EA has shown interest in baseball games. I do not think they are currently working on a next-gen game yet, but they have had the MLB-license for a baseball game on Facebook for a few years now called World Series Superstars. I think it was released 2 or 3 years ago. Just because it is a Facebook game, it should not be laughed at. The important thing is that they have had a license.
Advertisements - Register to remove