View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #12
wudl83
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K13 Roster Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
The ratings I use in MLB 2K12 will not be perfect - and I've never stated such - I don't have time to dive into all the righty/lefty splits, as that would take hours and hours of time to perfect. But I have a basic formula that I use to develop them where starters have a specific system - then closers - then bullpen guys. The batters use a scaled system where I start with an actual batting percentage, then use the attributes in the game to make comparable assessments to creating them. I have this written down on a notecard that I refer to, but do not have anything in an Excel format to be provided. Again, it's not perfect and I'm sure those who want to criticize it could find many reasons to do so, but it plays out well when I do simulated Franchise Modes, which is what we all pretty much want in the end. Just wanted to provide this information for you guys. Thanks.
I didn't want to criticize anything, I was simply curious on how other guys handle it.
For my part I used the updated Zips projections of fangraphs if somebody is interested in it. This worked quite well last year and this year it seems to work well again.
There will always be guys who will talk about ratings being too low or too high but as long as the roster creator has a basic guideline and doesn't give biased ratings everything is fine imo.