Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #42
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Lots of previews, interviews, marketing, and feature dumping....but when will anyone, anywhere, ever ask about the AI? Play calling? Predictability? What about the broken fatigue for RBs last year?

It seems that there is an unwritten rule that EA will allow Q&As and interviews and previews but only if the site/blog tees up questions that can be answered with the announcement of new features. A lot of great improvements for Madden 25, but it is football and poor AI can negate the hours and hours of work put into game engines, Owner Mode, and CCM improvements.

Someone needs to start asking tougher questions.
Yep, another year of bending to Tiburon's will and having tunnel vision on the shiny new thing they put out in front, instead of asking "what's wrong". If I go to buy anything or consider becoming involved with a female, the cons are the first things I want to know about because the pros are usually pretty evident. We always get sold the bill of goods as if the new Madden is perfect, which of course there is no such thing, so stop with act and tell us the real.

I don't get why Looman would choose to focus on a Tycoon mode and leave the basic Franchise elements the same as M13. What it seems he/they did was address some basic design flaws, like adding a transaction log and added some needed editing ability but there should have been a 2.0 element to wholesale porting HC09. It seems he took the premise of HC09 with regard to player management and applied it to Owner Mode but I don't get doing that before actually completing that premise for player management in M25.

Another thing is this continued commitment to XP, why? Again in the owner mode they don't seem to be using XP or some other video game moniker for progress, they are using money, fan morale, media scrutiny, advisers, etc, real world elements, so why the eff the XP stuff for players?