Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
DorianDonP
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I would assume it is because there are five linemen on offense at a time, so you could schedule 5 guys who are all linemen and theoretically, they could all start at the same time. Same goes with linebackers, Dline, and Cornerbacks, because there are multiples of those players on the field at a time. However, Imagine you are a QB, and you are on a recruiting visit to your favorite school, and wouldnt you know it, there is another QB there. That MIGHT (I dont know you lol) make you frustrated because you think the coaches want someone tehre to take your spot when you slip up, or may just start over you outright. I can see where they are coming from, I think it will be implemented well.
Only two guards start. Only two tackles start. Only one center starts. There is a clear distinction between them.

Only two defensive ends start. Only two defensive tackles start. I mean this is elementary football stuff.

Bring in 3 safeties and it's a competitive visit, but bring in five centers and it's no big deal?

It doesn't make sense.

I see your point about bringing in five OL, and moving them around so they could theoretically all start, but the same can be said for safeties, which move all around the secondary like a OL can move all around the line.

One of the reasons Dante Fowler signed with UF was because FSU already had several DE's committed.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-31-2013 at 07:58 PM.