Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
tHurley2010
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Custom Conference Ideas in NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBeard52
With NCAA 14 coming out in a little over a month I was wondering if anyone heard any news about custom conferences? Number of teams and conferences or if anything was added such as being able to delete independents?
As far as I know, there has been no additional news regarding custom conferences, so it should be the same. You should be able to move teams from one conference to another conference. However, I'm assuming that because there are still independents, that independents will still be in the game, and will still be required.

Personally, I think it would be great if we could delete conferences; imagine no conferences and all the FBS teams are independents. Imagine some of the match ups that a no-conference schedule could produce. Alabama-USC? Ohio State-Oklahoma? Florida State-West Virginia?

Or turn that on its head; what about if there was one big conference with all the major FBS teams? Or four conferences of 24 teams where the top 4 of the first division go into a playoff for the national championship and the bottom 3 are replaced by the top 3 of the next division down.