View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #44
Rezzo503
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25 & the Science of QB Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This reminds me of how much I hate the awareness rating.
Why does it affect trajectory? Isn't trajectory like putting the right amount of touch on the ball? And if so shouldn't that fall under THA?

Then you got guys like Big Ben who are bad at picking up pressure but good at the other awareness aspects. So what should his awareness be? I don't like having one rating affect multiple things. Also the article said here are few things it affects, so was the list exhaustive or are there other things? I always thought it determined how fast a QB goes through his progressions.

Two other things:
1. "Aaron Rodgers has a deep accuracy rating of 87, which means that 87% of Rodgers’ deep throws are on target."
What? Is that really how it works?? Need to hear more on this

2. An explanation on the playaction rating would be nice (actual in depth explanation; not just higher rating means PA is more successful)

We need detailed explanations of all the ratings.

They are called Player Traits. Aaron Rodgers Will Run, While Tom Brady Will Throw It Away.

Big Ben Most Likely Has "Sense Pressure" Trait at "Oblivious". Which means he will stay In the pocket more, and make plays...But take more sacks. He also will run every so often.